Monday, January 28, 2013

GULAB JAMUN - MY 100TH RECIPE


              
Enjoy the recipe



Hi friends, Welcome to my "100th Blog Post" !!   I introduced my first post into the food blogging world during the month of September, 2012. I get great pleasure from writing this blog as it gives me the opportunity to share different recipes with my readers. I actually thought that my readers would be just my friends, relatives, near and dear, but my blog has been viewed over by so many countries. It gives me immense pleasure and on this occasion I would like to say thank you to all of my blog readers of India and international readers as well and welcoming valuable comments/ suggestions if any. 


I am celebrating my 100th post with one of my family favourate sweet Gulab Jamun for my blog readers:-








     Ingredients required
  • Gulab jamun mix - 2 cups
  • Water to make dough -  ½ cup
  • Sugar - 4 cups
  • Water for syrup - 4 cups
  • Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
  • Oil - to fry

      Method to prepare
      1. Take a bowl, add jamun mix, water and make a soft dough with no lumps. Keep 
          aside for 5 minutes.
      2.Then, make  balls by gently rolling between palms into smooth balls. Place the balls on plate.
      3. Take a pan, add sugar, water, cardamom powder and allow to boil for 3 to 4 minutes in medium flame.
      4. Now take a kadai, add oil and allow to heat in medium flame.
      5. Put prepared balls into the oil, fry for 1 minute and take out( to avoid breaks) and keep aside for 2 minutes.
      6. Again put into the oil and fry in medium flame until they change into nice golden in colour.
      7. Add fried gulab jamuns into the hot syrup. Allow them to soak for atleast 3 to 4 hours for best results.
      8. Mouth-watering gulab jamuns are ready. Serve hot or refridgerate them and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment